Friday, November 13, 2015
Monday, October 26, 2015
I just wanted to give a brief summary of steps that are required to interpret the Written Torah. This is also the most convenient and simple way to do it.
When trying to understand what Written Torah says on the specific subject, you have to follow all steps in order that are outlined below.
- Refer to Genesis 1:27. Remind yourself that God created Man in His image and likeness so we (humans) must act like God would, otherwise we are profaning His holy image.
- Refer to the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17 and Deuteronomy 5:6-21). Here is the table for your reference. Ask yourself what do they say about your question?
- Refer to the rest of the Written Torah as there may be additional explanations for the commandments.
For example, what does the Written Torah says about murder?
- We were created in the image of God, so when you are murdering someone you are murdering His image. There is also an explicit explanation in Genesis 9:6
- Do not murder is the 6th commandment so it is prohibited because God said so. By violating this commandment you are violating the Covenant (Exodus 34:28, Deut 9:11, e.t.c)
- The rest of Written Torah provides explanation about murder and points out that in case of accidental murder there is a lesser punishment (Numbers 35:13-34) as well as providing guidelines on how to judge the murderer.
I hope this will help you to better understand and properly interpret the Word of God (His Written Torah).
I have found two web sites that contain various artistic illustrations of the Tabernacle. Covered are pretty much all parts and pieces, mad...
As an important addition to my Corner Boards article , I have created this combined Illustration that shows how each of the Corner Boards of...
Let's take a look at what the Holy of Holies (the Ark room) of the Tabernacle looked like when the High Priest was inside. The High Pri...
According to Exodus 30:13, a Silver Shekel of the Sanctuary (a basic unit of measure and weight) was equal to twenty (20) "Gerahs"...
Exodus 30:17-21 - The Copper Laver (Washer) of The Tabernacle - Part 2 - Location and Positioning of the LaverNow, let's take a look at the location and positioning of the Laver inside the Courtyard of the Mishkan. Exodus 30:17-21 17 And the ...
Contrary to one of my previous posts , I was able to compile this list of places where you can find the Samaritan Pentateuch online. These ...
This is an exploded schematic diagram of Golden Lampstand (Menorah). This diagram shows all parts that the Lampstand consisted of and that ...
Exodus 28:39 deals with the one of the last pieces of the High Priest Garments - The White Tunic and The Embroidered Sash. Let's take a...
If you have followed all of my posts back in 2010, you would know that I was unsure how the Copper Laver of the Tabernacle was transported ...
As Exodus 25:11 specifies, the Ark of The Covenant was overlayed in gold. Its other parts were too either made completely of gold (Crown - ...
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2013 (20)
- ► 2012 (42)
- ► 2011 (145)
- ► 2010 (174)